April 20, 2024 - April 28, 2024
RUNWAY | EDUCATION | POP UP SHOPS
Green is now more than just a color for the fashion industry!
Eco Fashion Week is an annual event produced by FABRIC during Earth Week. It is a week-long event created to educate the public on sustainable fashion and to celebrate, recognize, and support sustainable fashion brands. Every year, EcoFW includes sustainable fashion shows, pop-up shops, educational panel discussions, and highlights sustainable events that take place all over Arizona and at FABRIC.
All proceeds go to FABRIC Tempe, an Arizona non-profit organization that supports apparel entrepreneurs with sustainable resources.
Are you producing a sustainable fashion event in AZ during Eco Fashion Week?
Saturday, April 20th, 2024
In Partnership with Tempe Marketplace
- 6:30PM-Event Opens
- 7:00PM- Fashion Show and Award Ceremony
- Tempe Marketplace Main Stage
- 2000 E Rio Salado Pkwy, Tempe, AZ 85281
- Each year, FABRIC's reFABRICate Fashion Show features upcycled designs that have been repurposed and recreated by community members from various garments and cutting floor scraps.
- This year, and the past few years, the reFABRICate show has focused primarily on one of the industry's most unsustainable items....DENIM. FABRIC partners with Tempe Marketplace to engage the community in repurposing thrifted denim jeans items into new, runway-worthy creations. The jeans are redesigned/upcycled by FABRIC members (established and emerging designers & brands) as well as fashion teachers & students and are featured on the stage at Tempe Marketplace.
Past 2023 ReFABRICate Show
The "RunzWithScissors" award is a sustainable fashion award in honor of sustainable fashion designer Astrid Olafsen of the brand RunzWithScissors. Astrid was a talented upcycle designer who was very involved in FABRIC's reFABRICate program.
2022 Winner: LaMark Cole
2023 Winner: Zach Frisbie
Sunday, April 21st, 2024
Pop In to our Sustainable Pop-Up
Join us for a day of sustainable shopping with eco-conscious vendors of all kinds. From clothing and accessories to household items and art, these eco-conscious exhibitors will empower and inspire you to invest in products that protect the natural environment that connects us all.
Thursday, April 25th, 2024
Behind The Seams
Fashion Forward Thinking for a Sustainable Future
An intimate conversation on sustainable fashion practices by leading eco-fashion brands, innovators, and leaders.
Saturday, April 27th, 2024
A Sustainable Fashion Show
The Sustainable Fashion Show features designs from sustainably manufactured fashion brands with a focus on print-on-demand brands using the micro-factory model. The event brings the community together to celebrate sustainability and the artistry and technology that supports domestic small-batch customization. The designs from multiple brands are featured in an intimate runway event within the sustainable micro-factory and event space at FABRIC and is open to the public. Attendees are given an educational tour of the micro-factory and learn how the model supports sustainability, customization, and artistry in fashion. Community members will also be encouraged to submit artwork and a selection of these submissions will be printed and featured on the runway.
WHO MADE MY CLOTHES?
EcoFW was inspired by the efforts of Fashion Revolution and every year we encourage our community to join the revolution and ask #WhoMadeMyClothes.
Fashion Revolution was founded in the wake of the Rana Plaza disaster in 2013. Since then, they have grown to become the world’s largest fashion activism movement, mobilizing citizens, brands and policymakers through research, education, and advocacy.
Learn more on www.FashionRevolution.org